SWTOR Wookie Hugging Achievement Guide
This is a quick guide on how to get the Hug Everlasting and/or Wookie Hugging Champion achievements in SWTOR.
There are at least 25 wookies to hug between Nar Shaddaa and Mek-Sha.
A summary of the tips for positioning and racking up hugs quickly is below.
- Click the desired wookie BEFORE moving in to final position;
- Ensure the button has fully appeared before moving in to final position;
- Aim for the spaces in between the green arrow and where the green circle starts – usually just to the left or right of the arrow. Sometimes just at the edge of where the circle starts;
- You don’t need to be facing the wookie for your button to light up;
- Ensure you have the wookie selected AND there is no one else hugging BEFORE adjusting your position. Your button will not light up if someone else is hugging or if the wookie is not selected;
- Use LIGHT button taps to move into final position. Get the idea that you only want to move your character a millimeter and you’ll start to get really good at the right button tap effort;
- Let the hug cast bar complete before clicking off or moving away from the wookie;
- Don’t bother toggling walk. It’s a wasted keystroke and will only slow you down. Just get good at aiming, which you can easily do.
- Follow the route. It’s proven to be the most efficient time-wise. Feel free to experiment but I think you’ll find the recommended route is the most time and travel efficient.
- A full wookie hugging circuit of both Nar Shaddaa and Mek-Sha takes about 10 minutes or less, depending on your computer speed (and how many droids you shoot and waiting for other huggers). My computer was kind of slow. So with minimal load times and no distractions, it could be much less.
- The wookie hug reset takes about an hour. If you want, you can switch map instances to hug more wookies sooner. Do this by opening your map and looking at the lower right corner for the map instance dropdown. Note that PVP instances may result in unwanted combat except on Nar Shaddaa.
Using the above core strategies I was able to hug 1500 wookies using roughly 10 characters (it ended up being 10 and not 12) in about 6 hours. I never changed instances.
Nar Shaddaa Maps
Mek-Sha Wookie Map
Full SWTOR Life Day Guide Links
Xam Xam’s SWTOR Life Day Guide
Illeva Gaming’s SWTOR Life Day Guide
Hope this helps you get your wookie hugs on for your Hug Everlasting and/or Wookie Hugging Champion achievements in SWTOR!
P.S. Want some cool SWTOR backgrounds for your online (Zoom) meetings or green screens? Check out our Free SWTOR (and more) backgrounds post here.
Possibly Related Posts: