Robonaut 2 – Next Generation Robot by NASA and GM. Robonaut 2 news and press release.
Through a partnership with NASA, GM announced the development of a next generation robot. Together, the two organizations developed and built Robonaut2, or R2 for short. R2 is a dexterous humanoid robot (looks human-like) capable of working side by side with people. This advanced robotics technology has the potential to help GM create safer cars, safer manufacturing plants, and for NASA, the possibility of assisting astronauts on dangerous space missions. GMâ€™s strategy is to develop assembly processes that integrate robotic technology with people. In addition, GM is actively looking for ways to apply the technology to develop leading edge advanced vehicle safety systems.
NASA and GM Robotics Project Video
Possibly Related Posts:
- 20 Sci-Fi / Fantasy Gifts Fans Will Love
- IRL: Perseverance and Inquenuity On Mars
- Antarctica Station Tours, Research & Discoveries
- Alien Worlds: A Paradoxical Documentary
- SpaceX and Our Future Into The Stars