From the trailer, The Orville looks like a Galaxy Quest-meets-Star Trek mash-up. But according to interviews with show creator Seth MacFarlane, the show will “dig deeper”.
In an interview with Access Hollywood, Seth stated that “It’s not really as much Galaxy Quest…” as is being promoted and that they take great care in “doing thoughtful science fiction” and bringing the optimism of a better future back to sci-fi.
I don’t know about you, but I personally can’t wait for The Orville. With sci-fi TV favorites like Penny Johnson [Deep Space Nine] and Victor Garber [Legends of Tomorrow] combined with Seth’s highly successful track record and proven sci-fi/Star Trek fan-hood, The Orville promises to be a fun ride.
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Wheel of Time: Mostly Underwhelming
- Centaurworld: A Mind-Breaking Mismatch
- Hayden Christensen Reprises His Iconic Role
- Arcane: A Stylized Fantasy Worth The Hype
- It Came From The Achives! Star Trek Fan Fiction Contest Winner #2b: “The Stardate Before Christmas”