You read the title so there’s no need for me to tell you to tread easy and remain cautious as you continue to read this article. Bandai never ceases to impress with the immense difficulty that has been embedded within the grim levels of Demon Souls and now Dark Souls that will send you over your limit when you recall the number of times you have died. But hey, a challenge is prone to get that adrenaline rush speeding through your veins. The Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will have you curling your fingers with rage as you come across new bosses, equipment, online matchmaking features and NPCs that will have you praising the sun in hopes of survival. Lets take a quick peek at what is in store for us when we are sent back to the past to discover the enigmatic story of Knight Artorias when he was well and living:
For PC fans out there, you will be absolutely thrilled to know that you’ll be stepping back into your knight of shining armor role when this edition comes out tomorrow! As for those of us who remain loyal to our consoles, don’t fret because we too will soon be well away on our adventures come winter this year. Here are the key features as mentioned on the official Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition website:
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
- Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons and areas are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair-inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced RPG systems including: weaponry, armor, miracles, faith, and more. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, invading each other for PVP battles, or to play co-op and take on giant boss encounters as a team.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
- Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Bonfire is an important feature in Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a health and magic recovery and a progression check point, it also happens to be the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.
The first bullet point already transformed the title from prepare to die to prepare to buy. Who isn’t going to love an increase in difficulty that will make us spend endless hours fighting dragons and demons until the end? If it isn’t for bragging rights, players will without a doubt leave fully satisfied with the new options that promises to keep you sweating in your seat.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Nightbooks: Actually Scary Children’s Horror
- Friday Fiction: Cold Water Days (Part 2 of 4)
- Praise For Extremely Short Art
- It Came From The Archives “MOVIE REVIEW: Shadows on the Wall (2015)”
- Friday Fiction: Cold Water Days (Part 1 of 4)